Mr. Stephen Learhinan is our Podiatrist at Inglis Medical Centre.
A Podiatrist diagnoses and treats disorders of the foot and lower leg. The aim of this is to prevent, maintain and/or improve a client’s mobility, as mobility is important for quality of life in general. Stephen consults on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
There are many benefits to be gained by general podiatry treatments, this includes but is not limited to:
- Nail Care and treatment of pathological nail deformities including Fungal and Ingrown Nails.
- Removal of corns/callous and addressing causative factors.
- Address heel, ankle, arch and forefoot pain, knee and lower leg problems.
- Occupational and sporting injuries.
- Diabetes foot assessments, education, reviews and ongoing foot care management.
- Arthritic problems
- Plantar warts
- Achilles pain
- Foot odour
Biomechanical assessment of children and adults to prevent or treat postural problems. Foot biomechanics in relation to the body’s biomechanics can lead to medium or long term problems in particular to the lower back, knees, lower leg, ankle and foot resulting in foot deformities, knee pain and lower back pain leading to surgery and/or arthritis over time.
- Diabetes risk assessments and education
- Biomechanical assessments
- General foot care and management
- Plantar wart removal
- Custom made orthotics and arch supports
- Footwear advice